NeighborWorks Strengthening Leadership Pilot Program
The NeighborWorks Strengthening Leadership Pilot Program seeks to build the capacity of Boston’s community development corporations through a deep-dive engagement that provides mentoring, training, and peer-to-peer learning to high-potential professionals, especially leaders of color.
As an investment in the community development field and NeighborWorks organizations, NeighborWorks America will gather a diverse cohort of twenty high-performing professionals from the greater Boston area to strengthen their networks, build new connections, work one-on-one with a mentor, and enhance their skills through three of NeighborWorks America’s acclaimed leadership and management courses.
Twenty professionals from the greater Boston area will be selected for this pilot program that we hope to later expand beyond Boston. We seek individuals who are:
• Professionals preparing to take on increasing levels of responsibility and challenge as they move into more senior leadership/management roles;
• Directors and senior-level leaders in functional roles;
• High potential, mid-career talent with established track records as individual contributors and/or significant managerial responsibility;
• Interested in leading strong, equitable and inclusive
organizations, programs and/or departments;
• Willing to make a serious commitment of time and energy during this 9-month program;
• Interested in knowledge exchange with a mentor and with peers from the community development field.
Selected candidates will enjoy the mentoring, peer learning and courses with no tuition or fees. However, there may be minimal expenses related to travel for the in-person sessions.